Computers, Internet, Wireless
Public computers are available at all library branch locations and there is no charge for using the library public computers.
For your convenience, all public computers offer the following capabilities:
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office 2013 or Microsoft Office 2016
- At a rate of 15¢ per black and white page
- $1 per colour page
- Downloading or uploading onto flash drive (provided by patron)
A valid LTIPL Public Library card is required to access a public computer or public wifi.
One-time use guest passes are available for those customers without an LTIPL Public Library card.
Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Customers can reserve a computer in advance for a specific date and time by calling ahead.
- We ask that you bring your library card.
- Guest cards are available for visitors.
- You may call ahead and reserve computer time.
We will gladly help you if you need assistance and as staff time permits. We often have staff available to give one-on-one free computer/internet lessons. Please contact any branch to schedule a session.
Please refer to our Library Policies for more information.
Rules & Policies
The following computer usage rules apply:
- Users are limited to 1/2 hour per person per day
- One person per terminal – no exceptions
- Headphones must be used if listening to sound
- Users playing games will be asked to leave if the station is required for research
Wi-Fi (wireless) Internet access is available at all library branch locations. The service is available 24 hours a day. Your library card number is required to connect and patrons must agree to the Library’s Internet Use Policy upon connecting to the Wi-Fi service.